This is what happens when one (Wil) tries to undermine a FB meme – a meme asking commenters to describe in one phrase how you met. Wil was all like, “I’m not into chain letters on FB, so I’ll answer the question for you… it was flickr or Facebook or…”
…no no no.
It went on and on for about 230 more comments.
epic beast #UpAllNight
When I haven’t been working or packing for our upcoming trip, I’ve been outside, reading Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake (I do love dystopic / post-apocalyptic fiction) while listening to classical music, with or without a glass of rose wine
I have trouble concentrating on reading when it’s not quiet. I’m down with birds singing, I’m down with kids having fun – I’m not down with kids screaming!!!!! and yelling!!!!! and banging on things constantly. I just can’t focus then… except so it seems when I play classical music. Movie and TV scores (Downton Abbey!) or Tchaikovsky – it works for me. It’s quite a blessing: I get to continue my reading while being outdoors = my favorite thing ever, while the kid two doors down gets to yell until his lungs burst without making my blood boil. Win for me, lose for the kid’s parental unit, which has finally decided “hmmm it might be good to discipline our kid” but after years of silent tolerance, they now find it’s quite hard to reverse the unwanted behavior.
I’m not bothered. /Tate
How have you been spending your first days of Spring?
Meanwhile I’m also starting to settle into my new routine. I’m waking up earlier – my biorhythm is starting to listen! – and am making a lot more of my days!
I’ll have more to share / blog soon!
Spring has arrived! Joy, listed:
* First glass of rose wine, bonne maman lid on top to keep the bugs out
* First cherry blossom buds spotted
* Yellow nail polish!
* Mmmm it’s time for salads!
* Freckles, a glow from being mildly, very mildly, sunburned
* Flipflops & maxiskirts
* Natural highlights
* Kids playing outside
* People generally smile more, now
* Reading in my backyard
* That first cup of coffee every morning, also in my backyard
* screen door & window screens in place: airrrrrr
* Longer days = more light and sunshine in my home, and more time for self-portraits!
* Planning holidays
* Driving with the windows rolled down, hair blowing
* No more winter coat
* More photoshoots now, hopefully
* Beers in the backyard, watching the stars at 10.30PM, talking and laughing
* Eating outdoors, entertaining others
* My garden office returneth! No longer bound to my office desk.
& I can think of so much more. Happy spring everyone! ♥