Left to right, top to bottom:
- The hike to Kjeragbolten, a boulder wedged in between two cliffs, was intense: steep hills (the kind that require you to hike down while hanging on by chains) and then some. But oh, the views. Our car was somewhere down there, on the other side of the hill.
- At the end of the Kjeragbolten hike, there was more to see than just that boulder. A view into Lysefjord and this waterfall, for example.
- The city of Bergen completely stole my heart. We were lucky: the weather was sunny, allowing for the city’s colors to really pop.
- The most precious moments during our vacation took place while we stayed at a wooden cabin with a view over Geirangerfjord and its mountains.
- At times, the sun would make an appearance, leading to moments like these. The cabin stay really allowed us to reflect, relax and just enjoy nature at its finest.
- Scotland’s known for its many castles; our photos of our 2012 trip sure do feature a lot of stunning castles. Norway on the other hand is known for its plentiful waterfalls. Many of our favorites from Norway are of waterfalls, the dainty and the roaring ones, all of them stunning.
- Driving through Norway was such a treat; at every turn, there was something to see. It was never boring, rain or shine. We stumbled upon views like this one regularly.
- It wasn’t the most beautiful waterfall I’ve photographed, but it was the prettiest one on my Instagram: Vøringfossen, with bonus rainbow. I also made a video of the waterfall and its beautiful spray, I’ll try and embed that below.
- And finally, my leaf and plants obsession came with me to Norway too: during hikes, regular walks and at a Botanical garden, I always found the time to stop and appreciate the beauty in the details.
And here’s my favorite video:
Find me on Instagram: @kaatzoetekouw
Meanwhile, I’m working very hard on my DSLR shots… I have a few to share this week, just have to get the portfolio section on my website set up first! xx