Hi. I’m Karin. You can call me Kaat.
I’m basically an easy-going Dutch chick with a camera and a love of imagery. Apart from being a photographer, I’m an avid and very eclectic reader, not just because of my R&R project. I love books, and firmly stand behind the famous quote “A room without books is like a body without a soul”. My favorite space in my home is my library/livingroom.
I make a home with my hubby-to-be, Wil, aka Mr. Sweet Tooth. We’ve been living here for about 3,5 years now! I have a thing for interior design, running, cute baby animals, owls & bags.
28 29 30 years old, can pass for 19 20 (still get carded)
* redhead, though turning rather strawberry blonde and *cough* white *cough* as of late
* stopped eating meat /fish 20 years ago
* loves notebooks, especially Moleskines
* collects old books (any book though really) & old cameras
* use a Canon EOS 7D, want very badly to upgrade to the Mark III
* Have been using my same old iPhone 3gs since 2009
* first thing I do when I get up every morning is brew coffee
* mmmm, wine..! I especially enjoy a good Shiraz or Rose
* has read Pride & Prejudice about 6 times now
* one older brother brother
* mustard is my favorite condiment
* enjoys singing; cannot guarantee you’ll enjoy hearing it
* slob when it comes to doing the dishes
* self-taught typist; it looks weird but it works for me
* could read at age 3.5
* not a girly-girl, though I have my moments
* ballet, walking & running – my way to stay somewhat fit
* favorite drink is a Dirty Chai
* no particular style.. Bohemian one day, sweatpants the next
* green eyes underneath bushy but (often) neatly plucked eyebrows
* Named my car Lola
* Bazzinga! (loves The Big Bang Theory)
* cooks a mean risotto
* teal / green / mustard are my favorite colors, but I have a weak spot for red as well.
* has a weakness for chocolate, the purer the better (85%, mmm)
* I have two cows: Daisy & Houston. These ladies live on my in-laws’ farm!
* a day’s good when it’s sunny
* has a thing for mugs and teapots
* gimme cheese. Especially rustique brie cheese. Ohhhhh. Oh.
* has Reynaud’s disease, which sounds a lot more serious than it is (numb fingers/toes)
* has a Master’s degree in neuropsych, but life chose a different path and I’m down with life
* I have a tic where I have to have a bag, and scarves or leggings in the same color.
* a lot of our furniture comes from IKEA or is second-hand
* own about 400 books. So far.
* i looooove love love love lipbalms & glosses. I have about 30 different ones.
* Since January ’12, I polish my nails a lot.
* I prefer skirts to trousers.
* Obsessed with cherry blossoms
* Still don’t have any tattoos. Planning on having one done
before while I’m 30.
* I’d love to stay and chat but I really mustache
05/2013 – Book cover: Marivi Soliven – The Mango Bride
04/2013 – Book cover: Stefano Baldi – Sia fatta la tua volanta
02/2013 – ‘Spirit 2′ published in Psychologies UK magazine
02/2013 – commission for publishing house
02/2013 – feature on photographyblogger.net
12/2012 – “Ophelia” featured in the Etsy.com newsletter
09/2012 – Book cover: Carry Slee – De Toegift
08/2012 – “But the Beginning” published in 5×5 magazine
04/2012 – Book cover: Els Kerkhoven – Gifdochters
04/2012 – Book cover: Susan Lewis – Stracona Niewinność
04/2012 – Shoot for Somnia Romantica
01/2012 – Officially registered as a business!